The Data Controller is Access Hardware Ltd (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”).
• Sets out the types of personal data that we collect
• Explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
• Explains when and why we will share personal data with other organisations
• Explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
This Policy applies to you if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as “our services”). Using our services means:
• Establishing a trade account or trade relationship with us, visiting our website; or
This Policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about our services.
This section tells you what personal data we may collect from you when you use our services and what other personal data we may receive from other sources.
When you use our services, you may provide us with:
• Your personal details, including your delivery and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, title and full name
• Your customer details, including their delivery and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, title and full name
• Business name, business addresses, names of individuals in your business (e.g. sales representatives, buyers and accountants)
• Bank account number, sort code and debit/credit card details
When you visit our website, we may collect:
• Statistical data about browsing actions and patterns
• Information about devices you have used to access our services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address and browser type)
• Information submitted during the completion of online forms (including registering for information and contact forms)
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, surveys or questionnaires about our services, we may collect:
• Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our services (for example, your name, business name and contact details), including by telephone, email or post or when you speak with us through social media
• Details of the emails we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
• Your feedback, reviews and contributions to customer surveys or questionnaires
This section explains in detail how and why we use personal data.
Make our services available to you
• Necessary for performance of our services
• Process your order(s) and refund(s)
• Manage any account you hold with us
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We need to process your personal data to enable us to lawfully perform our services, provide you with the goods you purchase and help you with any order(s) and refund(s) you may ask for.
Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
• Help to develop and improve our product range
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We use your personal data to carry out research to improve our product range.
• Help to develop and improve internal processes
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We use your personal data (including your feedback, contributions to customer surveys or questionnaires) to develop and improve internal processes.
Personalise our services
• Your purchase(s) help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalised offers and services.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? Looking at your purchase history allows us to personalise our offers and services for you. This helps us meet your needs as a customer.
• Provide you with relevant marketing communications (including by email), relating to our products.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We want to ensure that we provide you with marketing communications that are relevant to your interests. To achieve this we also measure your responses to marketing communications relating to products and services we offer, which also means we can offer you products that better meet your needs as a customer.
This section explains in detail how and why we share personal data with service providers and other organisations.
Sharing personal data with service providers
• We only work with carefully selected service providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, couriers, companies that help us with technology services and payment processors. We only share personal data for legitimate purpose(s) that enable our service providers to provide their services.
• When we share personal data with these companies we require that they only process and store personal data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may share personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances;
• If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data.
• If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our building and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
• We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
• We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may request proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by companies operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. We will put in place appropriate protection to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected and is treated in line with this Policy.
This section explains the choices you have when it comes to receiving marketing communications and taking part in market research.
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email. When you apply for an account with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing preferences over the phone or in writing at any time.
We also like to hear your views to help us to improve, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You always have the choice about whether to take part in our market research.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We may also obtain information about your general internet usage by placing cookies on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better experience. For example, they enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To recognise you when you return to our website.
• To optimise website content and layout.
The following types of cookie may be used during your visit to our site:
• Session cookies
• Persistent cookies
• Third party cookies
|__utmz||Stores the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached your site||6 months from set/update||Performance||WordPress|
|__utmt||Used to throttle the request rate for the service||10 minutes||Performance||WordPress|
|__utmc||Determines if you are in a new session or visit to the site||End of browser session||Performance||Wordpres|
|__utmb||Determines new sessions/visits||30 mins from set/update||Performance||WordPress|
|__utma||Distinguishes users and sessions||2 years from set/update||Performance||WordPress|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users||2 years from set/update||Performance||WordPress|
|_gat||Used to throttle the request rate for the service||1 minute from set||Performance||WordPress|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users||24 hours from set/update||Performance||WordPress|
|wp_woocommerce_session||Storing your session ID||36 hours from set||Functional||WordPress|
|catAccCookies||Used to store a user’s choice about cookies||1 year from set||Functional||WordPress|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. Note, however that some parts of our website may not function properly. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data (known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of some or all of the personal data we hold about you.
• Request correction of the personal data. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data that we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note, however, that we may not be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons, if applicable, at the time of your request.
• Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it has an impact on your fundamental rights and freedoms. However, in some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
• Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; or (b) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used format. Note that this right only applies to the information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. Note, if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please write to:
Data Protection Officer, Access Hardware Ltd, Unit 35 Monkspath Business Park, Highlands Road, B90 4NZ
You can also email us at email@example.com
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data then please contact us;
Telephone: 0121 667 8055
Write to: Access Hardware Ltd, Unit 35 Monkspath Business Park, Highlands Road, B90 4NZ
This document was last updated on May 23, 2018